For example, in the UK, Equality law applies to veganism and outlaws:
Victimisation because you are vegan.
- Harassment because you are vegan.
- Unfair treatment as a result of being vegan.
- Treatment that puts you at a disadvantage due to being vegan.
You are also protected from any unwanted conduct that:
- Violates your dignity.
- Causes you to feel humiliated (subjective feelings).
- Creates a degrading, humiliating or offensive environment.
Veganism is a protected belief
Veganism is protected as a human right under Article 9 of the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights.
UK gives vegans same anti-discrimination rights in the workplace as religious groups.